Here is the video from the virtual meeting on environmental crime summit. #UNTOC20
- Justice Antonio Herman Benjamin, Member of the National High Court of Brazil and Founder of the Global Judicial Institute on the Environment
How can we enhance criminal justices responses to environmental crime ? Why is it so important from your perspective as a judge ?
- Mr. Chang Joon Lee, the Deputy Head of the Regional Intelligence Liaison Office for Asia and the Pacific, World Customs Organisation
Why should we adopt a comprehensive and holistic approach in preventing and detecting environmental crime ? How diversified and sophisticated is this criminal threat ? Which links do you observe with other forms of crime and corruption ?
- Lieutenant-General Godfrey Lebeya, Head of the Directorate for Priority Crime Investigation, South African Police
What are the challenges faced by law-enforcement experts and how can we improve international cooperation at operational level against environmental crime ?
- Ms. Anne Brosnan, President of the European Network of Prosecutors for the Environment (ENPE), Chief Prosecutor at the UK Environment Agency
Why are environmental crimes serious crimes from a prosecutors’ perspective ? Why is it essential to adopt effective, dissuasive and proportionate sanctions ?
- General Jacques Diacono, Head of the Central Office for Combating Environmental and Health-Related Crimes, Ministry of the Interior, France
Why is UNTOC the relevant tool to address environmental crime ? Why are financial investigations key ?